To meet the goal of establishing North Central Washington as a center for advanced vehicle technology, the Advanced Vehicle Innovations Consortium seeks to test and demonstrate these vehicles and develop industry clusters focusing on electrified transportation, including plug-in hybrids (PHEVs) and battery electric vehicles (BEVs).
Some of our strategies are:
- Continue research on electric vehicles, including passenger cars, farm equipment, and fleet vehicles
- Convert standard hybrid vehicles to PHEVs for demonstration and training purposes
- Purchase manufactured PHEVs for use in local fleets
- Test and evaluate PHEVs and other advanced vehicles
- Coordinate agency involvement with alternative vehicles throughout region
- Generate business opportunities associated with alternative vehicle component design and manufacturing, battery technology, battery management systems, conversion kit manufacturing, biofuel research and development, biofuel processing, etc.
- Develop curriculum and train technicians to work on electric vehicles
- Create mobile exhibit for alternative vehicle technologies
- Sponsor conferences and educational programs focusing on alternative vehicles
- Showcase converted PHEVs at regional and statewide renewable energy events
- Feature alternative vehicles in high-profile local festivals and events
- Network with national organizations centered around alternative vehicles
- Create and maintain virtual information center